One of the Question that we get most of the time during this pandemic season, “Is it SAFE to SWIM?”
Without a doubt, this is indeed a season that got everyone anxious about whether it will ever be safe to be out & around. How do we still remain SAFE and keep our body PHYSICALLY HEALTHY?
According to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), physical exercise such as skill-building drills at home and individual sports are considered as low-risk sports.
Let’s check out what the World Health Organization (WHO) has to say about swimming during this Coronavirus pandemic?!
(Image Source: https://www.who.int/southeastasia/outbreaks-and-emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019/fact-or-fiction?fbclid=IwAR3Ov56onFn9r4u30HHdOWYu1pxXWtD4BDssqf5Kbh0kWasEUQDqGqsxDFk)
So, what are we doing to safeguard our community IN & AROUND the pool?
1) Monitoring water’s chlorine content every 2 hours
2) Swimmers RINSE OFF BEFORE & AFTER swimming, and leave immediately after swimming to avoid over-congestion at the toilet area.
3) REGULAR SANITIZATION of all equipment used. Swimming Equipment are SANITIZED Before & After every Swimming Lesson
4) SEGREGATED SWIM LANES & SWIMMING HOURS exclusively for WAHOO Swim School Students only. Afraid to be sharing a lane with the crowd or public? No worries! Our Swim school students can enjoy swim lanes and lesson area all to themselves! Not to mention, having a BIGGER SPACE to swim in comfort during this season as we have widened up our swim stations to put social-distancing into practice
5) CROWD CONTROL & CLASS SIZE CONTROL: Limiting the number of people allowed in the pool & Limiting the NUMBER of Students in one class
6) REPLACEMENT CLASS REQUEST: Swimmers who are sick/ not feeling well/ in contact with people who have been suspected to contract Covid-19/ just traveled back from domestic or international travels would be permitted with replacement class based on submission replacement class for SELF-QUARANTINE purposes.
7) PREVENTATIVE MEASURE: All Coaches are required to have their health checked from time-to-time. All Coaches are required to have their FACE SHIELDS on during classes.
Up, down, left, right EVERYWHERE we SANITIZE.
Fly, back, breast, free every stroke we SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Me, you, he, she EVERYONE WEAR MASKS/FACE SHIELDS
“IS IT SAFE TO SWIM DURING THIS PANDEMIC?”
OF COURSE SAFE LAH!
We also scared to expose ourselves out there knowing that there’s a risk of getting our loved ones infected, you know?!
So, stop speculating, and come to see for yourself.